My name is Keith Giles. I love to write so that people can know Jesus and experience His life in their own.
So, I started this blog to help people understand who Jesus is, and how He reveals what the Father is really like.
This is a safe place to talk about all those questions you've had about the Bible, and Christianity. It's also a place to learn how to put the words of Jesus into practice.
Monday, July 17, 2017
Understanding Your Identity In Christ
Jesus started His ministry by saying this:
"I have come to fulfill the Law and the Prophets and it will not disappear until this is accomplished." [Matt. 5:17]
At the end of His ministry He said this:
"Father...I have glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do." [John 17:4]
"It is accomplished!" [John 19:28]
Now that Jesus has accomplished the Law and the Prophets as He came to do, we are told that the Law is: "fading, vanishing" and "obsolete" according to the Apostles. [2 Cor. 3:7-11; Gal. 4:24-31; Heb. 8:13]
This means we are no longer under the Law of Moses, because:
* It was a covenant made with the Jewish Nation
* The covenant with that nation ended officially in AD 70, along with the priesthood, temple and daily sacrifice
* It was fulfilled and accomplished by Christ and now it will disappear, exactly as Jesus promised [see Matt. 5:17]
So, we who are in Christ are now only under the Law of Christ [Gal. 6:2; 1 Cor. 9:21] which has an easy yoke and a light burden because:
* Christ indwells and empowers us to love one another as He loved us [John 15:4]
* Jesus is transforming us daily into people who are like Him [2 Cor. 3:18]
* The Grace given to us by Christ has given us everything we need to live a godly life [2 Peter 1:3; Titus 2:11-12]
This also means that we, who are in Christ, are now God's Chosen People because:
* Jesus is "the Chosen One of God" [Matt. 12:18; Luke 9:35; John 1:34]
* If we are in Christ then we are also "Chosen in Him" [Eph. 1:11; Col. 3:12]
* God's "Chosen people" have always been those who belong to Him in Spirit and in Truth [Rom. 9:6; Gal. 3:29]
So, please keep these things in mind:
*Jesus fulfilled the Law
*You are not under the Law
*You are under the Law of Christ
*You are called to love others as Jesus has loved you
*Christ's Law brings freedom and an easy yoke
*You are one of the "Chosen People of God"
*Anyone who is "in Christ" is Chosen of God
Now, go and live like every one of these is true - because it is true.