Monday, October 19, 2015

My Top 15 Bible Verses



I know a lot of bloggers are posting their own lists of favorite and most influential verses of scripture, so I decided to share my own list.

But of course I couldn’t limit myself just only the Top 10, so here are my Top 15 favorite verses:

  1. “I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God…for I was sent for this purpose.” [Luke 4:43]
  2. “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed…For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” [Luke 17:20-21]
  3. “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”  [John 13:34-35]
  4. “Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.” [1 John 2:6]
  5. “Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.” [John 13:17]
  6. “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord’ and do not do the things I say?” [Luke 6:46]
  7. “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” [Matt. 25:40]
  8. “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power…to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” [Eph. 3:17-19]
  9. “Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.” [John 14:9]
  10. “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” [Micah 6:8]
  11. “The LORD your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you; He will quiet you with his love and will rejoice over you with singing.” [Zeph. 3:17]
  12. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” [1 John 3:1]
  13. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. “ [James 1:2-5]
  14. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” [Eph. 2:10]
  15. “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.” [John 14:23]

 I could easily make my list 100 verses, but no one has time for that.

What are your favorite verses?




No comments: