Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thoughts on The Kingdom of God

This Sunday our house church, "The Mission", will have our very first "Subversive Seminary"- our first ever all-day teaching seminar on a single subject.

These will be co-lead by myself and three other leaders in our church. Our first topic will be "The Kingdom of God".

I'm very excited about this, mainly because the Kingdom of God is such a central concept to Christianity and understanding Jesus.

I've written at great length over the last several years about the Gospel of the Kingdom (the only Gospel Jesus ever preached) and how crucial it is to understand this idea.

Looking forward to the Non-Con on March 15th, David Ruis will be kicking things off with a great overview of the Gospel of the Kingdom. He's one of the best I've heard when it comes to providing a clear picture of what the Kingdom is and how we encounter the Kingdom in our everyday life.

With all of this resurgence lately regarding the Kingdom of God I will follow the current "Ministry To The Poor" series over at the [Subversive Underground] with a more detailed discussion of the Kingdom of God. In fact, I've already written the first installment of that possible series so after this Sunday's "Subversive Seminary" at "The Mission" I'm sure there will be more to write about for a second or third follow-up article on the subject.

If you're curious about what I'm talking about and want to better understand the Gospel of the Kingdom and the only Gospel Jesus ever preached, just search "Kingdom of God" here (see that search box at the top left navigation bar?) and also over at the link at the left for [Subversive Underground].

I specifically recommend reading "The Return Of The King" and "The Gospel Is Not About Going To Heaven When You Die", both found over at the [Subversive Underground] link at left.

My next two books, "The Power of Weakness" and "The Top 10 Things Every Christian Should Know (But Probably Doesn't)" will both deal very specifically with the Gospel of the Kingdom. I can't wait to unleash those two later this year.

David Ruis and Todd Hunter have both agreed to contribute forwards to these two projects, which is even more reason to look for these books when they eventually release here (via the Lulu.com link at left also).

We only have a few weeks left until the NON-CON. I can't wait! Being there with David Ruis, Jackie Pullinger and my good friends Crissy Brooks, Jared Rowland, John Thomas, Cindy Rethmeier, Scott Laumann, Heather Wright, Marti Clark, Paul Martin and Spencer Burke will be amazing. I know God must have great plans for this day because I tried to cancel it a few months ago and God wouldn't let me.

Now I'm just praying that I can get all of the logistical things in place for the big day.

-kg

No comments: