Tuesday, September 20, 2005

THE CHURCH COMES HOME



I am intrigued lately with the notion of the House Church.

Even just discovered that there's one on my own street that's been meeting for the last 3 years.

Weird huh?

I'm looking at several books right now too, recommended to me by Professor Scott Bartchy at UCLA.

"The Church Comes Home" by Robert and Julie Banks

"House Church and Mission" by Rober W. Gehring

Need to pick these up..and a few others by Justo L. Gonzalez.

What I love is the sense of simplicity and the return to the early church model of community, fellowship and service to others and the community as a first priority.

More on this later...

Peas,
Keith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just looking in on you to see if you've heard anything from above about your relocation.

Keith Giles said...

Keep praying!

Nothing new yet on

A) My new job and/or

B) Our new house

kg