Friday, March 13, 2009

FROM ETERNITY TO HERE

Frank Viola (author of "Pagan Christianity" and "Reimagining Church") has a new book out called FROM ETERNITY TO HERE.

Full disclosure: Frank sent me the book free of charge and asked me to mention it here on my blog so that readers could find out about the book.

I haven't read the book at all. Not even the first page, although eventually I will get around to reading it. It's in a pile right now with books like "The Scandalous Gospel of Jesus" by Peter J.Gomes, a short story collection by Philip K. Dick, "The Prehistory of the Farside" by Gary Larson, and the second "Dark Empire" book by Dark Horse.

My friend Kelly has read the new Viola book and this is what he told me: "The first third was kinda ok. The second third was better and the final third was seriously awesome." So, I can't wait to read the final third of this book.

Just FYI, the new book isn't about house church or church history or anything that you might commonly associate with Viola's name. This may be a good thing, or it may confuse people. Those who already equate his name with the "anti-traditional church" movement will steer clear of this one, even though they might actually love it, and those who rabidly follow Viola because of "Pagan Christianity" will be slightly disappointed that he doesn't toss them a reload in their war against the IC (Institutional Church).

As promised, here's a link to go and purchase Frank's book online for a great discount.
GO HERE

*Note: If I seem a bit like I'm under-promoting this book it's because:
A) I'm not a fan of selling stuff on my blog.
B) I haven't actually read the book but I feel obligated to provide a link to help Frank spread the word.

I must say that Frank has been very accessible to me via e-mail and he's helped me with a few things recently. For that I am grateful and I sincerely hope that God continues to allow him to speak to more Christians about what it means to follow Christ and discover their identity in Him rather than in religious activity.

Peace,
Keith

1 comment:

Like a Mustard Seed said...

best review i've read in years. thanks for the smile.

heather