Take 5 minutes and listen as author Keith Giles explains why Nationalism and Christianity do not mix.
One reason is the "Nones and Dones" trend which is steadily growing in American churches today. This phenomena has been driving millions of young people [and some older ones] away from the church. Why? Because they're sick of politics in the church.
Another reason is the disturbing trends revealed in the "Early Warning Signs of Fascism" found in the Holocaust Museum which are:
EARLY WARNING SIGNS OF FASCISM
1. Powerful and continuing nationalism
2. Disdain for human rights
3. Identification of enemies as a unifying cause
4. Rampant sexism
5. Controlled mass media
6. Obsession with national security
7. Religion and government intertwined
8. Corporate power protected
9. Labor power suppressed
10. Disdain for intellectual and the arts
11. Obsession with crime and punishment
12. Rampant cronyism and corruption
Read the best-selling book "Jesus Untangled:Crucifying Our Politics To Pledge Allegiance To The Lamb" available now on Amazon.