Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Apologetic

Early on Saturday morning I woke up around 4:30 am. I had two short phrases in my head and I knew that I could just go back to sleep and probably forget them or I could get up, find some paper and a pen and start writing down what was beginning to form in my head.

I got up.

The first thing I wrote was the post "Love Chapter (Remix)" which I posted later that same day. So far the response from that has been very positive.

The second thing I wrote was a little more controversial.

Because of the sensitive subject matter of what I'd written I decided to share it with my friend, Herb Montgomery. His response, while positive, was essentially that it would likely get me into a lot of trouble once I posted it for everyone to see. This only confirmed what I had also thought after I had finished writing it down and reading it back to myself out loud.

Today, partly as a joke and partly to prepare people for what I was about to post, I sent out a Tweet that said, "Just wanted to say goodbye to all those who will probably stop following me after I post my article on Thursday. It's been fun."

But seriously, I do expect that many of you will decide not to follow my blog after you read what I've written later this week. If so, that's OK with me. My prayers lately have been that the Lord would begin to speak to me more clearly, and I believe that this article is probably only the first of many such articles to come. So, if you don't like what I have to say on Thursday, you should probably go ahead and check out early.

Some of you might wonder why I am going out of my way to cushion the impact of the article in this way. Let me assure you, it's not because I am afraid of losing followers. It's also not because I want you to agree with me.

Here's why I'm writing this pre-post: Because I want you to hear me out before you judge what I have to say. I want you to prayerfully, soberly, take what I've written to heart before you decide that the things I'm sharing are coming from a place of arrogance, or (worse), from some sort of political perspective.

Once you've read what I have to say, you're free to disagree, to unfollow me, and to write me off as a nut job. Many have already beaten you to the punch. That's OK. All I ask is that you spend at least a day prayerfully considering what I've said and searching the scriptures to see if there might be any truth to what I've written.

If you can do that for me, I'll be extremely grateful to you.

Thanks for your attention.

Peace,
Keith



4 comments:

NoahM said...

I tell you, my friend, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more... We have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! ... Do you think we came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. [Apologies to Luke and Jesus]

jesusinsxm said...

I look forward to reading what you wrote, and I will continue to do so. With love always

the alternative1 said...

I am with you bro--now where is the post about apologetic?

The Doc said...

Say on Brother... We need people of education and courage. If it were not for men and women like you we would still believe that the world is flat and the sun revolved around the earth.

There is a fix for people who are ignorant (which is all of us for we all are ignorant in different areas) there is no fix for people who are foolishly stupid (they already know it all ;-} ).