Thursday, July 24, 2008

EINZE GEHOBEN

This is going to sound very weird, but the other night I had a series of very strange dreams. They were the kind of dreams where my wife Wendy has to pray for me because I am struggling, both within the dream and outside the dream, to wake up.

I call these spiritual dreams because they always involve a message, a vision or a sense of spiritual encounter.

So, my dream the other night involved a phrase in German that I could not understand. Mostly because I do not speak German. So, when I woke up around 2am I went into the den and scribbled the word down on a piece of paper so I wouldn't forget it.

Today, just a few moments ago actually, my sister-in-law called me to interpret my German message from God. (She speaks German).

The words I had written were: Einze Gehoben. According to Felicia, my sister-in-law, these words are interpreted as:

Einze = First

Gehoben = One who is lifted up or elevated

So, I still don't know exactly what to make of this. Why would God give me a message in a language I don't speak? Why would it be something cryptic like "The First one who is lifted up?"

Not sure. But it is interesting isn't it?

I could draw parrallels to scripture and recall the verse where Jesus says, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto myself". Jesus was the first one to be lifted up, onto the cross, for the salvation of mankind. We also are called to carry our cross, daily, in order to follow Jesus. Our cross and his cross are linked together.

Is my German message just another name for Jesus, the "Einze Gehoben"? Or is it something more?

I'll be praying about this over the next few days. If you have any ideas what this could mean I'd appreciate the feedback. Just place a comment below.

Thanks,
Keith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He (the one who was lifted up) is to be first.

That's just my first impression from the top of my head.

Keith Giles said...

Vicki - You might be right.

Although I just went to an online translation website and they list this word as being translated "Vow" or "Promise" and it's related to the German word for "Promised Land"...so maybe we're still not exactly on target yet.

kg

Keith Giles said...

Actually, a clarification now on the word.

Since I heard this word I'm not sure which word it was in German.

It was either

"Geloben"
geloben, to vow, swear;
das Gelobte Land (Rel) the Promised Land

OR

"Gehoben"
adj gehobener Dienst → professional and executive levels of the civil service

"heben" means to "lift" or to "raise" so it could mean "To promote"

Any other possiblities?

kg