Monday, June 19, 2017

A HIDDEN PROMISE WITHIN 12 NAMES



Yesterday in our house church meeting, one of our dear sisters in Christ shared something that she had heard someone else share last week.

Her friend had looked up the names of the 12 Tribes of Israel and discovered that the meaning of each name actually formed part of an amazing promise when placed alongside all the other names. 

She shared it with us and it was really inspiring so I asked her to send it to me. 

The list she sent me only had the sentence, but not the corresponding name of the tribes to go with is, but I started to look it up on my own.

Here's what I found:

Reuben: See, a son!
Simeon: The Lord has heard that I am unloved
Levi: I have become attached to my love
Judah: Yahweh be praised!
Dan: God has judged my case and heard my voice
Naphtali: I have wrestled and prevailed
Gad: Good fortune has come!
Asher: I am happy and called blessed.
Issachar: God has given me my wages/reward
Zebulun: now my love dwells with me
Joseph: The Lord will provide the increase
Benjamin: [by] the son at his right hand.

All together these names read:

“See, a son! The Lord has heard that I am unloved and I have become attached to my love. Yahweh be praised! God has judged my case and heard my voice. I have wrestled and prevailed. Good fortune has now come! I am happy and blessed. God has given me my wages [reward] and now my love dwells with me. The Lord will provide the increase by the Son at His right hand."

Wow. Isn't that awesome?

I hope that blesses you today. 

If it did, why not share it with your friends on Twitter or Facebook?

Peace,
Keith 

BONUS: I shared this with my friend Steve Kline over at Living Room Theology and he, of course, already knew all about this and had written a post of his own a few months ago.

Check out Steve's perspective on this here>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to add to this: Benjamin was named by his mother as 'son of my suffering', as she died in childbirth. But Jacob changed his name to 'son of my right hand'. An early revelation of the 2 roles of Messiah: the suffering servant who becomes the victorious king.