Monday, November 13, 2006


My life is stuck in the mud these days.

I feel like I can't manage to accomplish anything with my writing because of my new life as a temporary employee.

At work I cannot access the internet (no, not even on a break or during my lunch) so my creative muse has to sit quietly from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.

When I get home I'm too tired to write, and I need to sit down and eat dinner with my family. So, after the boys are in bed all I feel like doing is sitting in front of the television and letting my brain relax.

I fondly remember those days when I was posting articles and columns here on my blog, publishing weekly e-newsletters (which I still do, and hopefully will get this week's edition out tomorrow), and writing columns at SeedStories and every other week. Those were the days....

Now it's all I can do to post here every other week, and then it's just the typical, boring, "Here's what I did today, blah, blah" blog entry (which I apologize for even now).

It's not that I don't have a long list (two whole pages worth) of really great article and column ideas. It's not that I don't have motivation to write (I have a weekly newsletter. I have a new monthly column over at I know people are reading this blog...or at least they were a few days ago..before my brain got stuck in the creative mud of temporary assignment hell.)

Hopefully this week I'll get hired somewhere full-time again and I can take back my lunch-time blogging habit.

Plus, I could use a new full-time job to pay those bills too.

Yeah...there's that.



Carrie Cosby said...

We're thinkin' of you and praying for you Keith ... Keep your head up and look for the light in the tunnel!

frank doiron said...

Hi Kieth
I am trying to connect with people and simple churches that are missional. I found no where on your site where i could contact you. I'd like to pick your brain a little Frank from around Winnipeg Manitoba canada

Keith Giles said...

Frank- Dude, how do I contact you?!

My email is:
elysiansky (at) hotmail (dot) com

Hit me back.