Monday, November 06, 2006

BAPPY HERFDAY!

Yes, this Thursday, November the 9th, I will turn 40 years old. That's simply unreal.

Wendy threw a surprise party for me on Saturday. We had a house full of dear friends, and I am again reminded about how blessed I really am.

For old times sake, here's a little birthday poem I wrote last year. It's work a re-post I think (with a slight edit).

**
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (to me)

Yes, forty years ago this very week the fabric of space and time pulled back to reveal this fragile and yet strangely troubled soul.

It was a day of wonder and tears.

Cigarettes were burned. Laughter echoed down the hallway. A mother's heart slid into gear.

The angel's sighed, and one of them farted, but no one knew which one it was so they pretended not to hear.

It was a day of love so great it hurt to breathe.

Glad to be here, friend.

Hope to be here a bit longer before I join the flatulent angels.

Wubba,

Keith

4 comments:

david c welker said...

well, happy birthday from oHio. thanks for stopping by my blog, i figured your were the same guy from diamante. you were always a great help in selecting the right tunez. anyway, have a great birthday !

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kieth!

- Brent

K. said...

Happy 40th Keith, from NC!

I am older than you!! Ha ha! Turned 40 in June!

Hope you and your family have a great celebration!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Dude. You're OLD.

Frickin' old.

Lisa and John
(Happy Birthday)