Monday, June 23, 2014

[SUBVERSIVE PODCAST] Casting My Cares On Him



We all know that scripture tells us to cast our cares upon the Lord because He cares for us, but what about when we do that and nothing happens? We still have our pain, our sadness, our despair and our loneliness. What good is that?

In this podcast, Keith shares some intimate and honest reflection on what the Lord has been showing him about how to actually receive the peace and joy that God intends us to take away when we actually cast our cares upon the One who loves us.


2 comments:

the alternative1 said...

Wow that's good stuff bro...very helpful..thanks and that book sounds like a winner too

Nikki said...

Had an experience in response to this podcast just last night. I had just struggled through a very emotionally intense conversation with a loved one and felt so much emotional swell up just as the other person was too worn out to continue talking. So I came to a quiet place by myself, cried out to Jesus, and told Him all that I had left in me. After a while, the tears slowed down and I remembered what you said about focusing on Jesus to fully move our minds from our cares and "cast" them on Him completely. I opened my mind to a song and God brought "Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus" to my mind. After singing this hymn as well as "In Heavenly Love Abiding" I felt a burden lifted and was glowing in the realization that Jesus is always near and all I need.