Sunday, March 13, 2011

HE DID IT!



So proud of my son, David. I gave him a puzzle on his 13th birthday (December 31st) called "One Tough Puzzle". It has only 9 pieces and it says on the outside of the box, "10,000 wrong answers, but only one right answer". (Kind of like our lives, right?)

Our whole family took turns trying to figure this one out but one day I came home from work and David had figured it out - mathematically! (I can't explain to you how he did it, but when I asked him how he found the answer he proceeded to explain a complicated calculation that boggled my brain, but I know it all makes sense, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to make it work).

That's my boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a great feeling, isn't it? That sense of pride when your kids achieve something. Imagine what God must feel.

Well done, David!

The Obvious Boy said...

Woo Hoo! If it had anything to do with the good ole arithmetic, I'd probably have to throw it in the trash...For three reasons: First, I don't like math and second, I'm no good at math. :)

Good job, David!