Friday, October 07, 2005

A PSALM OF FAITH (or the lack thereof)



A PSALM OF FAITH (or the lack thereof)
by Keith Giles

God, have I come to the end of your provision?

Have I found the limits of your Grace?

Is there no more of your mercy left for me or my family?

Will you allow us to plunge off the cliff and into the valley of despair below us?

My confession is that I am weak. I confess to you my lack of faith.

I’m all out of hope. My last drop of strength is gone.

Please, Father, Abba, Daddy….

Do you see us? Do you hear me?

Are your eyes closed to the suffering we’re going through now?

When will my sons see the wonderful miracles of God?

When will my family be swept up into your arms of rescue?

When will you show up, God?

You are all we have left.

And if we slip off the edge and into the deep, what then?

And if we box up our lives and find nowhere to lay our heads?

And if we become the poor we have longed to serve?

What then?

We will still sing of your goodness, God.

We will still testify of your amazing love.

We will redefine what it means to trust you, and to walk with you, and to put our hope in you.

If we have come to this place by your own hand, Father, then into your hands we commit our spirits, and by your hands we will emerge as you desire us to live.

Again, you bring us back to this place of uncertainty.

Again, you ask us to lay everything on the altar.

Again, we place our hope on you, and you alone.

1 comment:

othentic said...

It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear... It's like being in between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to. -Marilyn Ferguson

Keith, don't lose faith, lose heart. You know He's in this. You know you're following Him. Read some Fenelon, brother. You, and we along with you, will glean such rich rewards from this season as we all look back at what God was doing in the invisible while all seemed so tenuous and frightening in the visible.

Thanks for your authenticity, vulnerability, tenacious grip on our Father! If I could only figure out how to post links on my sight I'd send my peeps your way for the honesty on your page.

Blessings Always!