Monday, March 17, 2008

NON-CON: DE-BRIEF

It's impossible for me to summarize all the amazing stuff that God did on Saturday at our first-ever Non-Con here in Costa Mesa, but let me simply say that it was off the charts, over the top, 100% amazing and more than I could have ever hoped for or dreamed of or imagined.

How's that?

I'd like to ask everyone who attended to send me an email about what God did in your life this weekend, and any photos you took during the day or thoughts you could share with everyone else will be posted over at www.Non-Con.com over the next few weeks.

I want to thank David Ruis, Jackie Pullinger, John Thomas, Cindy Rethmeier, Crissy Brooks, Marti Clark, Spencer Burke, Paul Martin, Scott Laumann, Heather Wright and Bill Burgess for their investment in this day and their part in facilitating what God wanted to do in the lives of everyone who was there.

Many people came up throughout the day and at the end of the day to thank me for putting this together and many asked about how they could do something just like it back home.

Watch for a "Start Your Own Non-Con" resource coming soon, either here and/or over at TheOoze.com going forward.

I can honestly say that all of the most amazing stuff that happened was absolutely nothing to do with me or what I had planned to happen. God showed up in powerful ways and totally blew us all away with His amazing presence, love, heart, and blessing.

People were challenged, inspired, tweaked, humbled, broken, encouraged and set free.

I can't even begin to entertain the possibility of doing another one next year, or to talk about the possible "Art-Con" later this Fall. Right now I'm simply astounded by what God did on Saturday and excited beyond words about what He will continue to do in the lives of each of us as we return to our mission field, our lives, our churches, and start to practice what God has shown us is right.

More later...

kg

2 comments:

Pam Hogeweide said...

sounds amazing keith. i love the way you organized this. i have become increasingly cynical about the outrageous pricing and elitist-like posturing of professional conference speakers in Christendom. I have wondered at times, Where is the anti-conference, the emerging conference template amongst us?

In non-con, I have found one. Off the Map, too, but yeah, also Non-Con.
Love, love, love the way you did it. I hope this catches on in communities around the nation.

And Art Non-Con? Tell me more!

Ryan Townsend said...

Keith, praise God for what he's doing across so many denominations, socio-economic groups and in the hearts of people. The Non-Con was encouraging, challenging and tiring. I would recommend it to any one.