Thursday, March 20, 2008

Kingdom Contrast

The world we live in is upside down from reality. Reality, the way things really are, is seen in The Kingdom of God.

Here are the contrasts we see between the World and God's Kingdom:

Generosity is defined in the World as: "How much we give"
Generosity is defined in God's Kingdom as: "How much we hold on to"

Love is defined by the World as: "What you can do for me"
Love is defined in God's Kingdom as: "Unconditional, sacrificial service"

Friendship is defined by the World as: "How you make me feel or look"
Friendship is defined in God's Kingdom as: "I am willing to lay down my life for you"

Greatness is defined by the World as: "What I've accomplished and how much I am honored"
Greatness in God's Kingdom is defined as: "How much I have humbled myself and served others"

Righteousness is defined in the World as: "What I have done to deserve it"
Righteousness in God's Kingdom is defined as: "What Jesus has done for me"

-kg

No comments: