Sunday, March 27, 2016

What His Resurrection Means To Me



This morning I woke up early and wrote these words into my journal as I meditated on the miracle of the resurrection of Jesus.

What does the Resurrection mean to me?

It means I will never experience a single moment without Jesus. He will never leave or forsake me. Nothing can separate me from His love.

Death cannot stop this love. Life can't change it. Angels and demons are powerless against it. Time itself can't touch it. His love for me endures forever.

My Abba and His Son are joyfully living within me and by the power of the Holy Spirit I am being transformed into the image of Christ.

At this very moment the lover of my soul and the savior of the Universe lives and breathes within me.

My identity is forever bound to Jesus. He is, and always will be, part of me. I will walk with Him – and He with me – throughout all eternity.

For all my life and eternity after I will continually experience the endless love of Christ that is always higher, wider, longer and deeper than I can fathom.

I will never breathe another breath without Jesus. My heart will forever beat in time with His.

In Him I live and move and have my being.

Jesus surrounds me, His Spirit covers me. His Presence remains within me for all eternity to come.

He delights in me. He is with me. He is for me. He rejoices over me with singing. He quiets me with His love.

Many waters cannot quench this love. His love hopes all things, endures all things. His Love always protects me. His love never fails.

His love never ends. His loves transcends knowledge, and yet I can know it. It is infinetly high and wide and long and deep and yet I can experience it, and be immersed in it, and consume by it, and transformed by His awesome love.

Halleluiah! He loves me! He loves me!

And with His love I also receive His peace that passes understanding and His joy that is my strength, and best of all – His Presence.

I am so loved. Dearly treasured by my Abba. I am His beloved. I am cherished by Him. I am valuable and precious to Jesus. He has never paid a higher price for anything than what He paid to make me His own.

I am worth dying for. I am worth suffering for. I am worth the shame of the cross. I am worth six hours on a Roman cross. I am worth being separated from the Father, and for all eternity to come, I will forever be reminded of how great His love for me was, and is.

He has loved me with an everlasting love. He has called me His son. He calls me His friend. He has rearranged the Universe to make a place where we can be together.

His blood declares – “You are mine!”

His Resurrection proclaims – “I am with you always.”

His Spirit whispers – “I am right here with you, and I love you so much more than you can hope or dream or imagine.”

A love like this required an eternity to fully comprehend and receive.

We are being made ready for eternity. We have only just begun to experience His love.

A love like this requires an eternity to experience, and we are being made for eternity. In fact, all of creation is being remade simply to accommodate our ability to fully receive and experience and know His love that transcends knowledge. 

-kg






No comments: