Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TOUCHING BASE


You wouldn't know it from reading this blog, but I've been furiously busy the last few weeks. That's sort of why I've not had any time to post any new articles here.

After the Pacifist Fight Club a few weeks ago, I started feeling convicted by God to do something I've never done before. In fact, it's something I can't even talk about here yet. Maybe some day. But for now I've been frantically working to assemble the necessary elements for this little project and it's taken up a lot of my time.

I've also been encouraged by a dear friend (Bill Navarro) to enter the world of ebooks. So lately I've been working on collecting various articles, and series of articles into different ebooks. Here's what I'm planning to publish in the next few months over on Amazon for the Kindle.

Ebooks Phase One - These will probably sell for about $1.99 each.

*THE POWER OF WEAKNESS (This is the book-in-progress I've had on the back burner for a long, long, time now)

*HOW TO START A MINISTRY TO THE POOR IN YOUR COMMUNITY

*TIPS FOR PLANTING A HOUSE CHURCH (Unlike my most recent book, "This Is My Body", this book will be more practical and "How-To" and  will include my recent series of articles “What’s Wrong with Organic Church?” and “The Pitfalls of Organic Church”, plus other articles that address "What about the children?", "Pastoral Authority", "Hierarchy in the Body", etc.)

*THE BEST OF THE [SUBVERSIVE UNDERGROUND] - Devotional Thoughts for Radical Christians (This will be a mega-collection of my best articles from the e-newsletter, plus a few from the main blog archives).

*10 MYTHS CHRISTIANS BELIEVE (This will address topics like Tithing, Hell, Pastoral Salaries, Spiritual Covering, the Return of Christ, Why does God allow suffering? Women in leadership, etc.)

*CONSUMPTION, EXPRESS & IDENTITY (This will compile my series of articles on Christians, Culture and Consumerism).

*TRUST: The Key To Everything

*SPECIAL EDITION OF [SUBVERSIVE INTERVIEWS] (The Kindle version will feature the same content as the original edition, plus my interviews with Shane Claiborne, Thomas Crisp and Porter Speakman, Jr.).

*JESUS: THE PRINCE OF PEACE (series of articles)

*OUR IDEA VS GOD’S IDEA

BARGAIN EBOOK SERIES  (These ebooks will be offered for .99 cents or Free)
*9 Marks of a Healthy House Church
*7 Habits of Highly Ineffective Pastors
*5 WORDS NO CHRISTIAN SHOULD EVER USE AGAIN
*7 MISTAKES EVERY CHURCH SHOULD AVOID
*4 UN-BIBLICAL MODELS OF CHURCH
*6 THINGS YOU NEED TO START A TRADITIONAL CHURCH

Ebooks in the Planning Stages include:
*THE ROBERT HIGGINS STORY (This will be hard to write)
*SCI-FI LULLABIES (a collection of my various science fiction short stories, scripts and short fiction).
*WINTERMOON AND COFFEESTAIN (a collection of my best poetry and lyrics)
*MY YOKE IS EASY (Uncomplicating the Gospel)
*THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM (Simplifying Jesus) or “Jesus for the Common Man”

Free Stuff
These ebooks will most likely be offered for free:
*NUT IN THE SHELL Articles (A collection of my old comic book culture articles, plus my large interview "Manga Nation" which was used as college course material)
*SALES AND MARKETING TIPS FOR TODAY’S SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS (A brain dump of my basic marketing and social media knowledge from my day job)

So...there's a lot to occupy my time at the moment. I'm hoping to release "The Power of Weakness" very soon.

-kg

1 comment:

Val said...

These sound great Keith!
I'm really looking forward to your upcoming ebooks.