Friday, February 06, 2009

9 MARKS OF A HEALTHY CHURCH

What are the marks of a healthy church?

Over on my Facebook page a friend posted a video clip for something called "9 Marks of a Healthy Church".

Of course, "The Gospel" came in at #3 on the list, right behind "Expositional Preaching" at #1 and "Biblical Theology" at #2. In the #4 slot was "Conversion", followed by "Evangelism", "Membership", "Church Discipline" and (finally) that crazy idea that Jesus came up with - "Discipleship" at #8, and "Church Leadership" brought up the rear.

So, of course, I had to come up with the 9 Marks of our Mission House Church:

1- Giving 100% of our money to the poor
2- Love for one another
3- Love for others
4- Making disciples
5- Serving others
6-Encouraging one another
7-Knowing and using our spiritual gifts to bless one another
8-Sharing meals together
9-Learning to be the family of God

BTW- We also have no expository teaching, no child care, no youth group, no paid staff, no programs and no board of directors or bank account.

This is the best thing I've ever done with the word "Church " on it!
kg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to repost this to start a little trouble at my site. I will probably do it next week :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith,
I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your insights. I caught your articles on theooze about pastors and apostles. Thanks so much!