Sunday, January 25, 2009

If You Could Choose?

My friend Brent had an interesting question this morning in house church. He said, "If you had a choice between never having pain or trouble in your life versus experiencing these challenges but doing so with Jesus alongside you- which would you choose?"

Of course, none of us has this choice for real, but it does make me pause and ask myself if I could choose to be pain free for the rest of my life, but live my life without Jesus, would I choose that? Or would I prefer to have a life of trouble and pain while knowing that Jesus would be with me all the way?

Honestly, I think I would choose to endure pain and suffering in my life and walk with Jesus through it hand in hand. Of course, the good news is that this is my life - whether or not I choose to agree with it or not.

Peas,
kg

No comments: