Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WHAT GOD IS DOING TO ME

I am aware lately of a few things that God is doing to me.

First, he is connecting me with more and more people who are interested in starting a house church. Just the other day another person emailed to ask me about house church and asked me to pray for him as he transitions out of traditional church (he's a pastor) and into the house church.

This is in addition to my friends in Seattle who are prayerfully seeking God and searching for others in their area to start a house church with, and also my friends in New Mexico who are attempting to salvage the remnants of a traditional church and (prayerfully/hopefully) transform it into a house church.

What's up with that? Does that mean I have some new Apostolic annointing or something? Or does it just mean that God is continuing to call more and more people to "be the Church" and I just happen to be someone these people connect with?

I'm not sure, but it does underscore the need for more dialog and examination of what God is doing to a lot of other people in His Body these days.

I think my next book will be "Jesus Called-He Wants His Church Back" because more and more I see God knocking down the man-made structures we have built to keep Him out and keep Him from His people. Whether it be traditional church structures, or the Christian Subculture, I believe God is tearing down the barriers that separate Him from His Beloved...and I love it.

Another thing God is doing to me lately is ramping up my pastoral interactions with people living in the motel where we have been serving for like 5 years now. Suddenly I am getting phone calls from families in need who are asking for help, prayer, practical job assistance, and yes, even financial assistance to escape their poverty. What's up with that? Why now? I'm not sure.

Today I got a call from a woman who lives in the motel with her husband and two children. Her birthday is this week, and her daughter's birthday is too...but they have no money to cover their rent for the first time in 4 years. She asked if I could help them with rent, but also wanted to make sure that I could drop by in person and pray with her and her husband.

This is in addition to another family I helped on Friday (see "My Friday Lunch" blog entry from last week) and the family I met at the dumpster on the same day who were interested in house church.

I'm not sure how any of this connects, or what God is doing to me...but I love it.

-kg

No comments: