Thursday, April 10, 2008

Breaking Radio Silence

Work has kept me insanely busy lately so I've not been posting here quite as often as I'd like.

Sorry.

I have posted stuff over at The Mission house church blog on "Rules of Engagement" which sort of qualifies as an article, I guess. It's
RIGHT HERE

This week's [Subversive Underground] was on the simple invitation of Jesus to just follow Him. I'm not sure I really got the exact idea down that has been on my heart lately, but it's a good start.

So, here's what's been going on this week with me...other than writing copy for technology reseller websites and stuff.

DISCIPLING DYLAN
My oldest son, Dylan Lee, is 12 years old. He will be a teenager in December. I've been very concerned lately about discipling him and making sure that he crosses the threshold into pre-adulthood with a firm grasp of The Kingdom of God, the heart of Jesus and a sense of his place within God's Kingdom.

So, last night he and I had dinner together at Panda Express (yum!) and we talked about the first chapter of the book of James. Our plan is to read one chapter at a time and meet together a few times each week to discuss the scripture and what it means to us. After we finish the book of James he and I are going to go through my book, "Nobody Follows Jesus (So Why Should You?)" since it deals with discipleship and developing a personal idea of what it means to follow Jesus with your actual life. For now this is my plan. I'll try to update everyone on how this goes. So far it's amazing to see how smart my son is and how much he already understands. It's also great to connect with him over these ideas.

Next I'll have to develop a plan for my youngest son, David Michael, who is 10 years old.

PRAYING IN TONGUES
About two years ago God gave me the gift of praying in tongues. It wasn't something I asked for, or really even wanted, but out of the clear blue one night God downloaded this gift into my brain, or spirit, what have you, and now I can pray this way. It's weird, but very cool.

I prayed this morning, around 5am, for several in our house church who are going through hard times. As I was praying for them in tongues God began to show me things about what was causing their difficulties and gave me some direction on how to encourage each of them. Very cool.

More later...work beckons.

kg
"Christianity is the story of how the rightful King has landed, you might say in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in His great campaign of sabotage."
--C.S. Lewis

No comments: