Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Prayer For Grace and Healing

For those of you who have been shamed from the pulpit for meeting in your homes, I pray that the Lord would comfort you.

For those of you who have been shunned by those who once embraced you because you no longer attend the Sunday Morning Service, I pray that the Father would wrap His arms around you and hold you close.

For those of you who have been ignored in the grocery store by a brother or sister in Christ because you no longer believe in the man-made hierarchy of Corporate Church, I pray that God would grant you grace.

For those of you who have lost friends, the respect of family members, and have been invited not to come back to churches that once celebrated your arrival, I pray that Jesus would heal the pain in your heart.

I pray that God would comfort you and remind you that you are not alone. You are not forgotten. Your pain does not go unnoticed.

I pray that you would not return evil for evil, but that you would, in obedience to Christ, pray for those who persecute you.

I pray that you would have the grace to forgive those who have treated you so horribly and that you would forgive them and set them free and ask God to remove all condemnation from their hearts.

I pray this for you, my friends, because this is what I need for myself today.

2 comments:

Like a Mustard Seed said...

Keith, this post reminded me of some of Paul's words to the Followers in Thessolonica...

"...For the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you. On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed — God is our witness. We were not looking for praise from men, not from you or anyone else."

May we all continue learning to bless those who we wish would accept us as brothers and sisters in Christ....

peace... D

Rich Brimer said...

Keith, thanks for your appropriate blessing. I need it so much. I have not wanted (or needed) to be part of a weekly Sunday corporate service for about a year, but go once in a while due to the pressure form my own teenage children who tell me that i am setting a "bad example" for them. However, I do host a "Community Group" on Sunday nights at our house. Its all good. Peace, Rich