Monday, November 03, 2008

Not My Church

Yesterday at house church God reminded me of something pretty important: This is not my church. It's His.

Seems like I would have figured this out already, and of course I "knew" this, but in practice I have been acting as if The Mission House Church were mine. It is not. It is God's Bride. I am blessed to host the weekly gatherings in my home, but it is not mine. I am only one member of this awesome family of God, and I am very grateful for each person who contributes their time, energy, talent, gifting and resources to this living organism.

Needless to say, yesterday was a significant day in the life of our house church and I was very blessed to sit at the back of the room and observe the Spirit of God as He lead us through the conversation and taught us from His Word.

More later...
kg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said mr. giles. it confirms my thoughts exactly. fighting, bickerting, and saying i will leave my country, because of this is very carnal. you pointed us right back to the spiritual.

-william