Monday, November 13, 2006

Quagmire

My life is stuck in the mud these days.

I feel like I can't manage to accomplish anything with my writing because of my new life as a temporary employee.

At work I cannot access the internet (no, not even on a break or during my lunch) so my creative muse has to sit quietly from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.

When I get home I'm too tired to write, and I need to sit down and eat dinner with my family. So, after the boys are in bed all I feel like doing is sitting in front of the television and letting my brain relax.

I fondly remember those days when I was posting articles and columns here on my blog, publishing weekly e-newsletters (which I still do, and hopefully will get this week's edition out tomorrow), and writing columns at SeedStories and Ginkworld.net every other week. Those were the days....

Now it's all I can do to post here every other week, and then it's just the typical, boring, "Here's what I did today, blah, blah" blog entry (which I apologize for even now).

It's not that I don't have a long list (two whole pages worth) of really great article and column ideas. It's not that I don't have motivation to write (I have a weekly newsletter. I have a new monthly column over at Ginkworld.net. I know people are reading this blog...or at least they were a few days ago..before my brain got stuck in the creative mud of temporary assignment hell.)

Hopefully this week I'll get hired somewhere full-time again and I can take back my lunch-time blogging habit.

Plus, I could use a new full-time job to pay those bills too.

Yeah...there's that.

peas,
keith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kieth
I am trying to connect with people and simple churches that are missional. I found no where on your site where i could contact you. I'd like to pick your brain a little Frank from around Winnipeg Manitoba canada

Keith Giles said...

Frank- Dude, how do I contact you?!

My email is:
elysiansky (at) hotmail (dot) com

Hit me back.

peas,
keith