Wednesday, September 27, 2006

DAILY BREAD

This week I've been home waiting for the phone to ring with a new job opportunity or a temporary work assignment.

Monday I had an interview with another temp service. This one specialized in "Creatives" like writers, editors, graphic designers,etc. Still, the outlook was not so promising. We'll see if they can round up any jobs for me or not.

Yesterday I went with the family to Disneyland. It was nice to get my mind off the lack of work and to relax with my wife and our two sons.

Today my wife and sons went to school together and I stayed home to catch up on some writing for the book-in-progress "The Power Of Weakness". I also spent time alone singing worship songs and praying for wisdom and guidance.

A few friends called me to check up on us and to let me know they're praying for us. That was very encouraging.

Still, I know even less now than I knew before. All I've gotten back are letters of rejection, or just silence, leaving me to wonder about whether or not a new job is just around the corner or if I need to keep on looking and hoping and praying.

So far I know that God has us in His hand. I've experienced His daily bread. Our family is sustained by the goodness of God, I know. Especially since the money I'm earning at the temp assignment is less than half what I was making before, and we've made it since the end of June on this...and the generosity of family and friends.

God has faithfully provided us with daily bread. Today I need nothing. We are blessed with all the things we need...and honestly we're blessed with a lot of things we don't need too.

In two weeks Wendy and I will celebrate our seventeenth anniversary as husband and wife. We will most likely spend it together praying and wondering about what God has next for us as a family and seeking God for direction in my employment.

Still, I know that God is good. I know that He will carry us. I know that He has a plan to provide for us and to bless us.

Thank you all for your prayers for us during this time. We really couldn't make it without your support!

Blessings to you all!

Peace,
Keith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely do care, dude. I'll take some time to pray today. These are the times when I guess, as you point out, that we really do believe for real that God provides, eh?

Anonymous said...

Network marketing provides a huge opportunity for income growth, freedom to schedule when you work, and use of the same interpersonal skills you have perfected as an evangelist. Would you consider it?

There is a company growing like a weed right now that focuses primarily on health and wellness, inside and out. What better than to make some money AND learn/teach about products beneficial to your family and those you love.

If you are interested, please e-mail me, Kelly B, at kjbaker00@yahoo.com.

Praying for you--
Kelly B.